Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

(Elder Salas celebrated his birthday in the last week of March, so he wrote about it in this email.)

Companion Talk: So my new companion is Elder Cawit! He's Filipino. I knew him back in Daet zone. When I was in Talisay he was in Panganiban, so we were in the same zone but different districts. But we knew each other. He's a good elder. The Lord continues to bless me with good companions.

Spiritual Moments: Conference was so so awesome! My favorite talks with the one by Richard G. Scott about receiving personal revelation and the one by M. Russell Ballard about making the families the focus of our life to achieve happiness. Conference was just so amazing. Just seeing Thomas S. Monson is an awesome experience. I'm really getting a greater appreciation for conference. The more I think about it and teach about it to investigators and less actives the more it seems like once every six months isn't enough. We only get 10 hours of prophetic council for 6 months. That's not very much, I guess that's where the scriptures come in though.

BIRTHDAY!!: Oh, so for my bday yesterday we kinda celebrated it. Cause Elder Shepardson's bday is in April and so what we did was just combined our bdays so it would be cheaper. And on Saturday we bought stuff to make burgers and fries and shakes! we don't have a blender so we kinda had to improvise and use a jug and spoon. But it was still pretty good. We just used vanilla ice cream, Oreos, and powdered milk. Cause they don't have real milk here. And of course we didn't use hamburger buns we just made 2 burgers with a piece of cheese in the middle and served it with rice. Cause if you're Filipino and there's no rice with the meal they literally think it's impossible to get full.

This is a lunch that Elder Shepardson and I had the other night while we were waiting for our new companions to show up. It was such a good Americanized meal!
This is of us making the shakes.
This is of us making the burgers. We're in the apartment in Masbate so that's not my apartment. We spent the weekend in Masbate to watch conference so we've been here for 3 days now. But last night was fun. It was a lot of work and dishes but worth it. And it wasn't too expensive. Elder Shepardson and I only spent 400 pesos each.

No comments:

Post a Comment