Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Baptism!

A Spiritual Moment: Tuesday I had a pretty awesome experience! We were at one of our investigators house teaching and this was our second time going to teach them. We went planning to invite them to be baptized. So we got there and started teaching the lesson and right before we were about to extend the invitation it started raining so so hard. We were inside but the roofs here are all made out of aluminum so it's so so loud, we could barley hear anything that was going on and we were yelling just to be able to communicate with them and it just wasn't very inviting of the Spirit. I said a real quick prayer and just asked for Heavenly Father to stop the rain just so we could extend this baptismal date and within 10 seconds the rain stopped! It was such a great feeling to know that the Lord really is listening to my personal prayers.

Cezar's Baptism:  On Friday we had Cezar's wedding and baptism!! It went very good! Cezar and his wife were so grateful that we were there and helped them through this whole process. I'm very glad and grateful I got to be there with him as well. Elder Taylor and I are the 4th set of missionaries to teach Cezar. Something clicked though when we taught him cause he was awesome when we taught him. He recognized all the blessings he was receiving from listening to us and from coming to church. Then after that was his baptism! He wanted me to baptize him! That was a pretty awesome experience, one because it was super hot outside and the water was cold, and 2 because I knew I had helped in performing a saving ordinance for someone else. It's just an amazing feeling to help others know the Plan of Salvation and know that there's more than just this life.

Mission News:  Elder Taylor is on his way to his new area and I'm with Elder Betalas right now, one of the zone leaders. He's Filipino. I'm staying in Talisay for another transfer (6 weeks) and I'll be getting my new companion tomorrow. When I had my interview with President 2 weeks ago he said I would probably have a Filipino companion. It'll increase my language skill really fast.

Pictures:
This is of me on a putjak. There's tons of them here. You just pay for them to take you where ever your going. Ive only done it once just for the experience.
This is right before Cezar's baptism. It's Elder Taylor on the far right, then me, then Cezar, then President Abaw, the stake president who performed the wedding.
This is at the wedding and the people who came. The wedding was way small compared to one in the states. but it was good. They were both happy so that's all that matters. For some reason lots of Filipinos don't smile in pictures, it's just the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment